I want to give you a quick update on the trip preparations and send you a few prayer request for the team.
We praise God that so far, many generous people have responded to the fund request for the additional medication and for the six (6) houses which need repairs/rebuilding. We have all of the funds for the additional medication thanks to one of our faithful church supporter and for two houses. We still $8,000 for four more houses to complete the housing project. Please continue to share the need with your families and friends. If you still looking to donate, the online donation is now active. Follow this link to give: http://breathoflifeinternational.weebly.com/give.html.
Here are prayer requests for the team. They have a very busy agenda.
- Pray for their safety, strength, unity, humble servant hearts, flexibility, boldness to share the gospel, compassion to love the broken, wisdom to make good decisions, faith to trust God beyond their circumstances and joy through the trials.
- Pray for safe travels as the team travels from Pittsburgh, Michigan, Mississippi and Guatemala City to/from Dominican Republic and in country.
- Pray for the Dominican people in San Juan de la Maguana, el Cercado, Neyba and Villa Jaruagua. Pray for God to open their hearts, for them to experience the love of God in power ways, for spiritual grow, for people to follow Jesus, for transformation in peoples lives, for families to receive hope., for the local church and their pastors to be light and salt to their communities.
- Pray for the Veterinarian work to be successful. The two vents going will be working with at lot of farmers and see many cows. Pray that God will give them the wisdom to know how to treat the animal and help the farmers how to better care for them. Pray for boldness for the vets to seek every opportunity they get to share Jesus with the farmers.
- Pray for the medical outreach to truly administer healing to the sick, not only physically but emotionally and spiritually.
- Pray that we will have enough doctors and medication for the sick.
- Pray for the repair and rebuilding of these six houses to go well. Pray that the community will find hope and be strengthen as they work together to help these six families.
- Pray for the children outreach that Children will encounter the love of Jesus in new and life changing ways.
- The theme of the trip is "Jesus the bread of life" from John 6:35. The team will be bringing bags of bread during their family visits. Pray for people to truly encounter Jesus as their bread of life.
- Pray for Samantha Meyers as she trains public school teachers and administrators to give them new and effective tools which will make a difference in how the teachers teach and love their students in DR.
- Pray for the teaching and preaching of God's word during the outdoor evangelist services to be powerful, clear and relevant to the people.
- Pray for our team in Dominican Republic of more than 30 people who will participate on this trip. Pray specially for some of our University BOLI students to obtain permission from their professors in order to participate in all of the mission events.
- Pray for Henry and Maria and the rest of the BOLI students who are organizing the trip. Pray that they will rely on God's wisdom to take care of the trip details.
- Please sign up to follow the trip at the below link. The team will be posting updates each day as the work unfolds. You do not want to miss it.
I want to thank you for your generous financial and prayer support to the people of Dominican Republic and this team. Thank you.
In His Mission by His Grace For HIs Glory