- For the great end of another semester for the BOLI students. Our students are making progress in their academical goals. Next year we’ll have several students entering their residence as medical doctors. We could not have achieved this without the immense support from so many of you. Thank you.
- For the leadership grow of our students as they take on more responsibility in organizing mission outreach in their communities. Most of our students are spending the summer back home working in their communities. They will focus on discipleship follow up with the people in their communities who BOLI has been reaching through the year. Pray for fruitful and meaningful time.
- Carmen Iris, Rafael DeLanda, Jennifer Gautreaux and Kiovel Feliz are in an internship in the USA to improve their English. Carmen Iris and Rafael are in Austin, Texas. Kiovel in Mississippi and Jennifer in Pennsylvania. They are participating in a university cultural exchange program. Thank God for this opportunity and pray for their grow. Learning better English will empower them to expand their outreach in the future to other countries.
- For the mentors and the great sacrifice, they make to share their lives with the students and disciple them.
- Thank God for the mentor training held this last March 2018. This training was about learning how to coach the students for maximum discipleship and leadership impact. The mentors are practicing coaching with measurable results already.
- Thank God for Dr. Charles Gohn who gave the training in March. Monthly on-line follow up meetings are taking place to continue with this training. There is another training planned for November 2018. Pray for the details of this training to come together. We truly believe that the mentors are the heart of our student ministry. We want to invest heavily on them and their growth.
- For the growth of the local churches which we are working in, especially for our main lead Pastor, Pastor Jose Rigoberto Pena as he leads the Beller Methodist Church in downtown Santiago.
- For the faithful supporters who are believing in these students and are prayerfully and financially supporting them.
- For the Montero Family as they continue to lead the Program. Pray for Henry and Maria’s marriage and their children as the balance family, ministry and work. Elizabeth just finished her first year in college and she is greatly involved in BOLI and the Beller church. Pray for her growth and focus. Pray for Lizbeth as she finishes high school and balance her ministries in the local church.
- For the Martinez Family as they continue to take care of the daily operations of the ministry, raise funds, organize the mission trips, develop training material and recruit volunteers. Pray for balance as Jose’s juggles work, ministry and family. Jose has been traveling to Argentina for work. Pray for fruitful ministry as he partners with International Baptist Leadership group to help with discipleship. Pray for Jose and Raquel’s marriage and their children as the balance family, ministry and work. Pray for Jose and Raquel’s health. Pray for their daughters spiritual grow: Ester, Fe and Zoe.
- For the local churches and their pastors in San Juan de la Maguana, El Cacheo, las Matas de Farfan, El Cercado, Neiba, Villa Jaruaga, las Caobas, Castanuela, Villa Vazquez, Monte Cristi, Dajabon, Azua y Lomo de Cabrera as they continue to engage the community & minister to their communities.
- For the Montero’s support raising efforts in DR and USA.
- For the students as they serve their community this summer
- For all interpersonal conflicts among the students –
- We have several students who are falling in love with each other and in the university and we ask for wisdom as they seek to honor God in their relationships.
- For opened doors as fundraising continues for the dormitory. This project has been more difficult than we anticipated. We are still in negotiation with the land owner. The land is across the university and it is the perfect spot for our ministry. Pray for the price to come down. The owner is asking for more than $300,000 USA dollars.
- For the Lord to raise more mentors – This is a great need. However, we the coaching training, we have now open the doors to have more mentors who will not have the burden of being so advance theologically to mentor the students. We are enlisting more mentors due to this tool. Praise God!
- For the mentors as they continue teaching and loving the students. We pray that as the students go back to their villages, that you pray for meaningful session between the mentors and their students through the Whatsup and Zoom on line tools.
- For the next mission trip in June 29- July 7.
- The formation of the team – for Ben & Chelsea Laudermilch and their five children ages from 2 to 11 who will be working with the cows. Ben is a veterinarian. This family is planning on becoming full time missionaries. Please pray for the health of their children as we are going to a very remote area to work. For Al del Cruz, who is an evangelist pastor. He will be conducting outdoor preaching in Lomo de Cabrera and Monte Cristi. Pray for Jim Watson another Vet who will be working with Ben.
- For the team as they raise funds – we still need $4,000 to repair 6 houses. Praise God for the funds raise for the medical clinics.
- For the teaching and outreach programs which will be conducted for adults, children and young people.
- Please sign up to follow up the latest news on this trip by clicking: Sign up to follow up BOLI June-July Mission Trip
- For the BOL board of directors as they make decisions for the ministry. Next meeting will be meeting this June.
- For long term missionary families from the USA to go and support our community development in San Juan de la Maguana, El Cacheo, las Matas de Farfan, El Cercado, Neiba, las Caobas, Castanuela, Villa Vazquez, and other communities.
- For the continual formation of a strong prayer team for this ministry.
- We also need two volunteers in our financial team. Pray for God to provide volunteers in this area.
- Pray for the Spanish Perspectives Class which Jose is helping coordinate in the city of Louisville. Pray for two more instructors for class 14 & 15 and for at least 35 students to register. The class will begin August 6 through December 11, 2018. Pray for lives to be transformed and workers will be sent out to the harvest. From the last class, a group of Spanish speakers begun to reach out to Muslim in North Africa and the co-coordinator is moving to the middle east.
- Pray for our dear partners in ministry in Louisville, Pastor John and Clara Flores and their three young children as they moved this August to Jordan in the middle east to reach out Muslims and work in the refugee camps. Pray for fruitful ministry, the logistic of the move, effective fund raising. Etc. If you would like to know more about their mission, please follow this link: John and Clara Flores- Missionary to the Middle East.
There is so much to pray for but we want to give thanks to God for so much more and specially for each of you who partners with us to spread the good news of Jesus and make His name famous. To Him be the glory among the nations now and forever!
Thank you for praying with us and for your partnership.
In His Mission by His Grace for His glory
Breath of Life International